Sunday 5 December 2010

Showing of Preliminary Project and Audience Feedback

Below is my Preliminary Project the Final Edit, which i showed to my fellow students who then gave me some constructive feedback which will help me when producing my real project.  





I recieved both positive and negetive feedback.  Below is a list of the feedback I was given.    


+ Good use of props i.e The map for the robbery
+ Good choice of location
+ Good range of shots
- Be careful of jump-cuts
- Ending was pointless when both characters walked out of the building
+ Clear storyline
+ Composition is good but could be improved in some areas
+ Length of the whole video is good
- Ambient sound interupted some dialogue
- The dialogue is cut in some areas


What was successful? 


The storyline was shown clearly through the dialogue.  The location chosen was good, it was empty so suited the story as characters are plotting to rob a bank.  There was a good range of shots used and the length of the whole video met the criteria.    


What will you do differently next time?


To improve, next time I will record the same shot a couple of times and from different angles so that when it comes to editting we will have a variety of shots to choose from, so my final edit will be stronger.  I will also be aware of composition so that the heads of characters are not cut off in the scene.  Finally I will use cut-on-action rather than jump-cut so that my final project will look more smooth and will flow to the next shot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment